We are delighted to share in the success of our pupils in yet another year of exceptional results at GCSE, AS Level and A Level.
Like last year, formal exams were not able to go ahead. Instead, the school was required to give each pupil a Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) for each subject using a basket of evidence. We were extremely rigorous in applying the strict criteria given by the JCQ and Ofqual and extensive internal quality assurance was carried out before being reviewed again by the exam boards who accepted all our TAGs. Therefore, we can be confident that the grades awarded represent an accurate assessment of each pupil’s performance and were thoroughly well deserved. Below are some of the highlights.
- 30% of exams were awarded A* / A grades.
- 64% of exams were awarded A* - B grades.
- 88% of exams were awarded A* - C grades
- The overall pass rate was 100%.
- 36% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 7.
- 71% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 5.
- 83% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 4.
- 80% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and Maths.
- 63% of pupils achieved grades 9 - 5 in English and Maths
- 30% achieved 5 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- 75% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs graded 4 - 9 including English and Maths
The government published a streamlined performance table. The link can be found here. This does not include any results data due to Covid.