Due to the coronavirus pandemic, A Level and GCSE exams were cancelled this year. Grades for exams were awarded by teachers after a thorough moderation and quality assurance process by the school before going through national standardisation by the exam boards.
This was a very difficult year for students, having to navigate a number of uncertainties about how they would be graded. We are extremely proud of the results our students achieved and how they dealt with this extremely difficult time. Below are some of the highlights.
- 34% of exams were awarded A* / A grades
- 68% of exams were awarded A* - B grades
- 89% of exams were awarded A* - C grades
- The overall pass rate was 99%.
- 23% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 7
- 53% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 5
- 72% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 4
- 75% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths.
- 49% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 5 in English and maths.
- 19% achieved 5 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- 70% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs graded 4 - 9 including English and Maths